Weight Distributing Hitches FAQs
- How do I know what size bars I have?
There are dimples on the end of the sway bars which indicate the size.
- How do you know when you have the correct adjustment on the bars?
There should be 3 full links showing at the bottom of the rotating latch and there will be a slight curve in the bar.
- Why do the bars bend? Will they stay bent?
The spring bars are designed to deflect 2”-3” on a properly set system. This creates the necessary load on the spring bars to achieve an enjoyable ride. No, the spring bars will always return back to straight.
- How often do you grease the bar pivot?
Grease both grease zerks on the fronts of the bar pivot before each use. We recommend molybdenum grease. Wipe away excess grease after application. Periodically grease the hitch ball with molybdenum grease.
- How do I decide which SwayPro to use?
The tongue weight of the trailer is used to determine which size sway pro to use.
- What is tongue weight?
Downward force exerted on the hitch ball by the trailer ball coupler. Measure tongue weight with a fully loaded trailer on a level surface with trailer ball coupler at tow height.
- What size ball shanks can be used?
The SwayPro™ accepts 1” or 1-1/4” ball shanks.
- Does sway prevention require adjustment?
No, sway prevention is built into the SwayPro™ system and no adjustments are required.